Nordic Walking & Stretch Classes
NORDIC WALKING - COURSES, GROUPS & EQUIPMENT
Lesley O'Hara is the instructor for the following courses. She is fully qualified through the International Nordic Walking Federation to instruct students of all ages in addition to Group Leader and Instructor courses.
Since commencing her business in 2009 Lesley has instructed numerous group and individual courses including 5 years with Arthritis WA and a year with the Neurological Council of WA.
See 'Home' page for full benefits of Nordic Walking.
1a) PRIVATE TUITION 2 HOUR PACKAGE INCLUDING POLES PURCHASE
At a time and *location to suit your busy schedule.
PRICE: $280 per person.
- 2 hours one on one tuition (price based on 2 x 1 hour sessions)
- Purchase of good quality poles with carbon composite shafts - retail price currently $169. Can be either fixed length or telescopic poles.
- Hand out sheet with notes on technique, warm ups, stretching and strengthening exercises.
- Option for additional lessons at special rate of $70 per hour.
NB *Package price is based on location being a maximum of half an hour's journey from the instructor's home. Quotations available for longer distances.
- Familiarisation with equipment
- Understanding the basic technique
- Learning all aspects of the technique
- Exercises to help maintain correct technique
- Warm up and coordination exercises
- Strengthening & stretching exercises
- Future options for continuing on with Nordic Walking
NB This course is designed as an introduction to help you learn the correct technique for Nordic Walking. However it generally takes more than 2 hours to master all aspects of the technique. You may need one or two follow up sessions to make sure you are keeping on the right track.
1b) PRIVATE TUITION WITHOUT POLES PURCHASE
For those who have already purchased their own Nordic Walking poles.
NB Trekking poles are different to Nordic Walking poles - as is the technique you use.
PRICE: $160 per person for 2 hours broken down into 2 sessions - see above for other information.
2) YOUR OWN NORDIC WALKING GROUP - 4 HOUR COURSE
BOOK A COURSE FOR YOUR OWN GROUP AT A TIME AND PLACE TO SUIT YOU.
PRICE: $85 per person (minimum 4 students) - non refundable. Poles provided during class.
Family discount 10%.
NB Courses can also be arranged for between 1 & 3 students.
See Private Tuition above or Contact Us for a quote.
3) WHAT TO BRING
Closed good walking shoes (waterproof in winter), comfortable clothes, hat, water, sunscreen lotion, insect repellent, wet weather gear, hands free waist bag or small back pack for water, keys etc. NB Most prefer a waistbag as back pack straps can inhibit the correct arm movement.
4) NORDIC WALKING POLES
We have access to a range of good quality poles (both fixed length and adjustable) priced from $169 a pair. These can be obtained within a few days.